The AVAL-CDV circle headquarters, situated in Gravedona’s locality Serenella, overlooks the shores of Lake Como and is surrounded by a picturesque mountain landscape that is fascinating any season of the year.
The Head Office is composed of two buildings:
The first is mainly used as a meeting place for members thanks to the bar located on the ground floor and the Guidoni Hall, located on the upper level.
The building has a large terrace with a panoramic view from which, among other things, one can watch the races in the stretch of water in front of the office.
There’s also a large porch, used for sports events awards and other social events, during the hot summer days made available to members to find relief eating an ice cream in company.
The second building houses the Secretariat and the Teaching Hall that in recent years has greatly expanded thanks to the efforts of some members willing to put at the our disposal a large collection of nautical magazines and publications.
The head office is equipped with:
• A 4000 square meters lawn for dry berthing of dinghies, catamarans, paddle boats and canoes
• A wear house for equipment
• A slipway for hauling boats
• Mechanical device for transportation and hauling of boats equipped with trolleys
• A pier for mooring boats
• Changing rooms and lavatory
• Lockers for equipment shelter
• Large public parking
In the second building of the Head Office is located the Guest House, which was inaugurated on the 25th of July 2000.
The facility is open to accommodate not only yachtsmen but to anyone wishing to stay in Gravedona to practice a sport.
The Guest House is equipped with:
• 32 beds divided into 4 rooms of 8 people each.
• Each bed has a locker, a pillow and blankets.
• 6 toilets, 4 showers.
• Male and female dressing room and showers.
• Large terrace.
Guests have access to the local recreation center with TV, VCR, Ping-Pong and a large collection of nautical magazines and publications.
The “Ludovico De Marzi” marina, located in the center of Gravedona, provides members with mooring services, towing and storage of boats.
The marina is equipped with:
• Moorings in water: 19 places for motorboats and sailboats
• Lawn for storing boats and small outboard motorboats, rowing boats and canoes
• Quay for speedboats, sailboats and dinghies
• Mechanical device for hauling: cranes with 3 ton. capacity
• Draft: port area and hauling 1.5 – 2 m
• Moorings: 2 docks for temporary boats mooring
• Shed for equipment shelter
• Large public parking